This is the site of the Jewish Committee on Scouting in Minnesota.
It is our mission to promote Scouting within the Jewish Community; to be the informative authority for the Council on Jewish Scouting, Jewish Holidays, and practices; and to provide Scouting opportunities for Jewish youth.
Goals and Objectives
· To elect from the Jewish Committee on Scouting the Relationship Chair for Northern Star Council to sit on the Relationship Committee of the Council.
· To inform and provide leadership to the Jewish community about programs of Scouting.
· To have a positive impact throughout the Jewish Community in the Northern Star Council Area.
· To develop and identify funding sources for the furtherance of Jewish Scouting for Kosher food; religious emblems and workbooks; and, scout scholarships.
· To ensure that any unit sponsored by a Jewish Organization, Temple or Congregation has a representative on this committee.
· To make scouting available to all Jewish Youth.
· To establish a Jewish sponsored Cub Scout Pack in St. Paul, a Venture crew within the Twin Cities, and maintain a full range of Scouting activities within the Jewish Community.
· To speak to every Congregation within the Northern Star Council area.
· To have Kosher food at every encampment.
· To promote the achievement of the Jewish Emblems Awards program in Northern Star Council.